The purpose of this course is to present an overview of Hebrews as to its purposes, doctrines, outline, and audience. The course will contrast the Superiority of Jesus Christ to the worship system of the Old Testament Jews, while focusing on the relevancy of the book to the church and believer’s walk of faith.
Upon completion of this course the student will have
- outlined the book of Hebrews with its themes and highlights.
- examined various views regarding the difficult passages of Hebrews,
especially in relation to the security of the believer.
- contrasted the superiority of Christ to the Old Testament law and teachings.
- been taught the intercessory ministry of Christ for the believer.
- been faced with choices and contrasts of walking by sight versus walking by
- have studied O. T. passages which form the foundations of the book of
- have memorized key verses relating to Christian growth and faith.
- read the Wiersbe commentary, Be Confident, on Hebrews.
- turned in detailed question assignments for each chapter of the book
Class Cost: $340
This class can also be audited for $40 per credit hour.