Christian Merit and Ministry Partners Scholarship
Available to full-time, resident students who maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher. Recipients must meet regular enrollment qualifications. For qualifications and application information, please contact the business office at 262-542-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to availability.
The EBI “Christian Merit and Ministry Partners Scholarship” is established to encourage those who are associated with ministry partners of Ethnos360 Bible Institute (EBI), and have evidenced a willingness to serve the church, to consider enrolling in EBI. EBI may discontinue this scholarship fund at any time when it is in the best interest of EBI to do so.
Source of Scholarship Funds:
In August of each year, Ethnos360 Bible Institute (EBI) will each expense $5,000 annually to their “Christian Merit and Ministry Partners Scholarship” fund for the upcoming school year (August – May). These funds are to be placed in a designated liability fund called “EBI Christian Merit and Ministry Partners.” Additional funds may be received from outside sources and deposited into this same liability fund.
Any funds not dispersed to qualified applicants in a school year may be carried over into the next school year for distribution to qualified applicants. If a school is not in a financial position to expense any money into this scholarship fund, then available scholarships will be limited in accordance with each school’s current scholarship fund value. Funds are not transferable between schools.
For the purposes of this scholarship, recognized ministry partners are identified by the EBI scholarship committee. Recognized ministry partners may be added or removed by the EBI scholarship committee as it deems appropriate.
The EBI scholarship committee may approve a scholarship for individuals involved in other Christian ministries that are not currently a recognized ministry partner with EBI. Details regarding the organization, dates and place of service, and ministry performed must be provided on the application. A staff or pastoral recommendation may be requested.
Organizations currently recognized as ministry partners of EBI are as follows:
- Word of Life
- Student Mobilization (StuMo)
- Caravan Ministries
Scholarship Fund Administration:
Though there are multiple ministry partners, an applicant can only apply for and receive one EBI scholarship. EBI scholarships are also limited to one per married couple, even if both individually qualify for one or multiple scholarships.
Maximum limit on scholarship funds that can be awarded: $1,000
General requirements for an applicant:
Since the number of available scholarships may be limited in a given school year, the following requirements must be met with the submission of all completed written applications.
- Necessary proofs of qualification for the scholarship applied for.
- Submission of a 500-to-1,000 word written testimony of salvation.
- Submission of a 500-to-1,000-word essay on “what you currently see as your future ministry involvement in carrying out the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20).”
- Must be first-time freshman student.
- Must meet EBI entrance requirements.
- Must be a full-time student living on campus.
- Recipients are not eligible who have previously received other EBI scholarships.
- Scholarship distributions must be applied to the student’s school bill.
- Applications must be received by August 1 of the school year of attendance.
- Applications for a “Christian Ministry Scholarship” for Christian service in general (no Christian organization), or with a Christian ministry organization not currently recognized as an EBI ministry partner must include the following information:
- Details of the ministry performed and the organization (if any).
- Dates of service, place of service and ministry performed.
- Include details of the biblical component of your service.
- A written summary of why you feel qualified for an EBI scholarship.
Specific requirements for an applicant by ministry partner:
- Must be a Citation Award recipient (completed 10 AWANA books).
- Verification of award must be issued by AWANA Headquarters.
IFCA: The IFCA awards certificates to juniors and seniors in High School who present at the National Youth Convention and receive a Division 1 rating from the panel of adjudicators in the competition categories listed below. A copy of the IFCA Certificate of at least one of these categories must accompany the application form.
- Bible Quizzing (qualifying quizzers)
- Dramatic Monologue (Division 1)
- Music (Division 1)
- Preaching (Division 1)
- Puppetry (Division 1)
Word of Life: Submission of an original certificate from a local church that participates in Word of Life discipleship programs of the applicant’s completion of the “Creative Discipleship” program.
Download and complete the application below. Once the application is completed, email it to email@example.com.