Study the origin of man, and discover the faithfulness of God.
Course Description and Goals:
This course is a survey of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy with emphasis on the biblical theology of these books, their genre, and application. A foundation is laid for the students understanding of the rest of scripture.
After completing this course, the student will be able to…
1. Trace God’s activity from creation to the establishment of Israel as a nation in a unique relationship to God under the Mosaic Covenant.
2. Explain the origins of the universe, mankind, sin and the nation of Israel.
3. Recognize God’s faithfulness and His work through history to restore His blessing, which man lost because of sin.
4. To identify the relationship of the various covenants in the Pentateuch (Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic and Palestinian) to God’s interaction with Israel as a nation and humanity as a whole.
5. Grasp the significance of the Exodus as it displays the supremacy of God over the nations through the redemption of Israel.
6. Understand the purpose and structure of the Law (civil, moral, and sacrificial).
7. Understand the nature and purposes of the sacrificial system.
8. Comprehend the ramifications of sin and unbelief in God’s word.
9. Understand the significance of the Palestinian covenant and what was required of Israel as a nation to experience God’s blessing and live in the land.
3 credit course, $480