Is there any purpose in our pain?
This course is a study of the biblical teaching on the reality, extent, origin, causes, and purposes of suffering in the world and its impact on personal value systems.
Meet Your Teacher: Mike Sullivan was an atheist at the University of Miami when he came to Christ through the witness of students from a local Bible college in 1968. He has a B.B.A. from the University of Miami, B.A. & Th. B from Florida Bible College, an M.A. in intercultural Studies from Grace Theological Seminary and an honorary Doctorate from Day Spring Seminary. He has served in various leadership capacities in several churches and Ethnos360 (formerly New Tribes Mission). He has 40+ years of experience teaching in Bible Colleges and has served on the Executive Board of Ethnos360 for 8 years.
Learning Objective Statements: Upon completion of this course the student will;
- Comprehend the extent & reality of suffering.
- Understand the prominence, context, and purposes of suffering found in Scripture.
- Recognize doors of opportunity which suffering brings to the church collectively and to believers individually to reach out to his world
- Be able to explain how the Sovereignty, power and glory of God is demonstrated through suffering.
- Articulate biblical values for life by reflection and examination of the teachings on suffering.
- Be able to provide rational answers for believers and unbelievers regarding life’s most perplexing questions related to the problem of suffering.
Course Dates: February 10th – March 16th
This class can also be audited for $20 per credit hour.