Acquire a basic understanding of the love of God, relate God’s love to a correct view of a fallen world, and show the value, importance, and power of love in lives of believers and through believers toward the world around them.
- To help students identify and familiarize themselves with the definition and source of God’s love, while contrasting it with the world around them.
- To show the place for God’s love in a fallen world, particularly in relation to suffering.
- To help students contrast God’s love with value systems built on materialism, lust, and self-centered living.
- To summarize the value and importance of God’s love in relation to their position in Christ, teaching what it means to be rooted and grounded in love.
- To help students evaluate motives of the heart from God’s viewpoint vs. man’s viewpoint.
- To teach the unconditional nature of love and create a desire to abound in love.
- To instill a picture of what love should look like in everyday living and interpersonal relationships.
- To see love as a fruit of the Spirit and recognize characteristics of love as taught in 1 Corinthians 13.
- To teach results and achievements of love when applied to daily living.
This class can also be audited for $40 per credit hour.
Not a Student Yet?
Apply to take an individual class in 5 minutes, or apply for our full-time online program.
Already a Student?
Login to your academic portal and register for this class.