Learn how to study the Bible in-depth for yourself.
This course provides a hands-on approach to Bible Interpretation by working through the hermeneutical process with texts of varying genres. This process emphasizes the historical, cultural, and literary context of a given text, identifies what the text would have communicated to the original audience, and the timeless principles that are relevant today.
Meet your Teacher: Andrew Royer served in pastoral ministry for 10 years before joining Ethnos360 where he has served as a Bible teacher both in Brazil and now in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Andrew is a graduate of Grace College and Grace Theological Seminary in Winona Lake, Indiana where he holds a Master of Divinity in Intercultural Studies. Andrew and his wife Sara have 3 teenage boys.
Learning Objective Statements: Upon completion of this course, the student will;
- Understand how to apply a literal, historical, grammatical hermeneutic to all areas of scripture.
- Have an understanding of the Bible as literature that should be interpreted normally.
- Be able to reproduce the process of observation, interpretation, and application.
- Employ the skills necessary to grasp the overall context of a Book and it’s major sections.
- Acquire the skills to analyze the details of a passage in a way that makes the text come to life.
- Be able to identify timeless truths in a given passage and make relevant application in your personal life and ministry.
- Appreciate the varying genres and how they impact the way we interpret a given text.
Course Dates: January 13th – April 27th
Logos Bible Software (optional)
Ethnos360 Bible Institute entered a partnership with Logos Bible software through which we had a custom package designed for our students. The custom package designed for Ethnos360 Bible Institute is a modified/improved version of the Logos Silver Library. The modified version includes several textbooks that we specifically requested for our courses. While you are a student at Ethnos360 Bible Institute, you are qualified for the student discount which would reduce the cost from over $1000 to $550 (approximately 50% off). As an online student you are eligible for this discount package. If you plan on taking the entire 64 credit program, we highly recommend that you purchase this library. If you plan on taking a few classes here and there, you would still greatly benefit from this electronic resource.
Textbooks for our Hermeneutics Course
Our Hermeneutics course is designed to teach the principles of Bible interpretation through hands-on learning. For this reason, there are many assignments in which the student is required to consult Bible Dictionaries, Commentaries, Concordances and Word Study Tools. The assignments in Hermeneutics utilize the various resources in our Logos Library Package. You do not have to purchase Logos to be able to do the work required in this course, but you will need to have access to the types of resources mentioned above. These types of resources should be available in your local library, church, or potentially in an online format. If you are interested in purchasing the Ethnos360 Bible Institute Logos Package, please contact us by emailing this address (please put “Logos” in the subject line): email@example.com.